Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Recap

What a great weekend!

Friday night we had a yummy dinner with some sweet friends from church. We had a great time visiting and I enjoyed a night off from cooking (much as I like to do it, a break is nice).

Saturday we slept in, ran a few errands and did some shopping, and then went to a party at the Gent's school. I call it "law school prom." Comes complete with prom photo, taken by friend instead of Mom:

IMG_3842

Sunday the Gent graciously taught our Twos class by himself and I joined in leading worship. I've been singing in the choir at our "new" church the past couple of years, and have really enjoyed it. I'm finally learning to sing parts. :) But I've always loved being part of the worship team. Tangent . . . I started helping with worship in eighth grade, and it was a major part of what really brought my faith home for me in high school. It was part of what made me realize I had to decide for myself what I believed, and not just go on with what I'd inherited from my (wonderful) parents. So I really enjoyed being part of that experience again. Worship brings me back to my first love: Jesus. Where would I be without Him?

Tangent over. I'm back now.

We finished up the weekend by celebrating Huck's second birthday! He loves his new kong toy and his peanut butter bark bar was a special treat.

IMG_3845

IMG_3847

IMG_3852

And then I took a nap.

Bliss.

5 comments:

  1. Ah, Happy Birthday Huck! Law Prom looks fun and you look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know if you click on the picture it enlarges it big time? You look gorgeous ... and skinny! The Gent looks very handsome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Happy Birthday Huck! You're beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still wear my green dress, too!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a beautiful couple, and one of you is wearing my most favorite color!
    Enjoy reading about you..
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete