Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Date Night

Thought I should post this before the month is over. For our March date night we went to dinner at one of our favorite little downtown places, and then to the symphony. The mass we heard was beautiful - what a wonderful way to reflect glory to God. Amazing that the church used to worship that way all the time! The amount of practice and dedication it took to perform the mass was incredible, and I'm so glad we were able to share it together. I loved being in a secular environment but hearing the entire story of God's love and plan for mankind.

And the Gent and I realized how much we love the arts. We love to go to the art museums, the ballet, the symphony, plays, the opera . . . any time we can get a great deal on tickets, that is. We love football and baseball, too. Does that make us weird or well-rounded?

Anyway, hurrah for a great date night!

2 comments:

  1. I just wrote you a really long response but it didn't post :(

    I wanted to tell you and the Gent about a website that Dan and I have been using to get awesome deals in our city. I don't know if they have it in yours but you can check it out on Groupon.com. The site uses collective buying power to give HUGE discounts (think 70% off) on one deal a day. We've bought Groupons for sporting events, massages, dinners...the list goes on. They have great customer service, too.

    I know that sounded like a huge sales pitch but we really love our Groupons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Groupon! I hear it is also a great way to scoop up deals in a city you plan to visit, too.

    ReplyDelete