Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dry Cleaners

I try to avoid the dry cleaners as much as possible. Most "dry clean" garments you can launder yourself, you just have to be cautious. And Dryel is great for tops, sweaters, and cardigans. I iron all of the Gent's dress shirts myself because I don't think it is worth paying $2 to have someone else do it. (If it were only one or two shirts, I'd think about it. But when you're looking at $50 a month for dry cleaning, it is an easy item to cut from the budget.)

But I've had to go twice in the past month. Sad, I know. I did have coupons.

I chose our current dry cleaners because it is super-convenient as I go to and from work. It is also one-day service. If you know me at all, you know I like to get things marked off my to-do list as quickly as possible. I drop off on my way to work (6:30am or so) and pick up on my way home (usually around 5:30pm). Sounds easy, right?

Except every time I drop off items, they say "is tomorrow after 5 okay?" And every time I say, "No, I want to pick them up tonight." And every time they look at me like they are extraordinarily put out with me and can't imagine why I am being so unreasonable. Then they grimace and say, "Well, okay. But they probably won't be ready until right before we close." And I smile and say thanks and drive off. And every time I come by in the evening they are ready. It annoys the heck out of me that every time I drop off dry-cleaning they complain because I want the service they advertise on the neon sign in the window - "in my 9, out by 5. one day service." Sheesh people I am paying you to perform a service you advertise in neon. And I'm dropping them off at 6:30 - you've got a two and a half hour head start!

To top that off, last week I took one of the Gent's sports coats that had a big run-in with a bottle of barbeque sauce. And they couldn't get the stain out. So I came home, pulled out my Tide-To-Go pen, and five minutes later - good as new. Tide pen, you rock.

There's my rant for the day. Thanks for listening. :) Feel free to share yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment