Friday, February 26, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Not too much, really. The Gent has been busy with school; I've had a couple of very stressful weeks at work. We have some fun things planned this weekend - dinner with a family from church tonight, and a party tomorrow night. I am looking forward to some time to relax, away from the office, and some time to spend with my hubby.

We are determined to enjoy our last six months here. Oh yeah, if you didn't know already, we're moving in six months! We are very excited about it. We've enjoyed being here during Gent's time in school, but it just isn't home. We are looking forward to the next stop in our marriage journey! And I am thrilled to be moving on from my current job. The salary and flexibility have been a blessing, but the frustrations are beginning to multiply. I know frustrations are a part of any job. But I am grateful to be moving on soon.

We've made some wonderful friends who we will miss. We'll also really miss our church. But overall, we think it is time for the next transition.

Until then, I'm really trying to keep a good attitude about work. I am meditating over Colossians 3:23-24: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."

2 comments: