Sunday, June 13, 2010

Three Truths

We've just started a new study in our Sunday School class. The two premises our study is based on are:

1. There is a God.
2. I am not He.

To this I would add one more.

3. He is good.



God is good. All the time.

God is good. When I understand. And when I don't.

God is good. When life is daisies and roses. And when life is darkness and suffering.

God is good. When I am overwhelmed with praise. And when I am overwhelmed with pain.

God is good. When I am faithful. And when I am faithless.

God is good. In all circumstances.



His goodness is part of His nature.

His nature does not change.

When all around me is confusion, I rest in this:


There is a God.
I am not He.
And He is good.


Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment