Saturday, April 3, 2010

More Recent Reading

A Sweet and Bitter Providence, John Piper
Amazing book exploring suffering and God's sovereignty in the story of Ruth. Highly recommended - this is one of my favorite books so far this year.

A Mathematician's Lament, Paul Lockhart
I am not the biggest fan of math, so I thought this book might inspire me. The author thinks of math as an art form, something to be explored and not just memorized. I'll pull this book back out when I start homeschooling someday.

Her Mother's Hope, Francine Rivers
Francine is my favorite novelist. Love love love her newest!

Father and Son: Finding Freedom
, Walter and Matthew Wangerin
Autobiography of one family's adoption story, from the perspective of the father and the son. Shows the hope and redemption that can come from broken relationships.

Covenanted Happiness, Cormac Burke
A Catholic look at God's design for marriage. I especially enjoyed the sections on family planning and the focus on children as a blessing that knits marriage together, instead of the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment