Monday, April 5, 2010

I Am Still Confident Of This

Over the past few months these words have repeatedly come to my mind. Even if I don't fully comprehend them, they are still true. God's Word is a rock that I can cling to, a firm foundation when life is swirling around me.

Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?

The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away;
may the name of the Lord be praised.

But I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.

And because I am confident of this, I know that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Jesus Christ.

Amen. Let it be so, Lord.

(Paraphrased from Job 2:10, Job 1:20, Psalm 27:13, and Philippians 1:6)

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 66:16,19-20
    Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me...God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me.

    I love you and I am praying for you. Thanks for sharing what the Lord is showing you.

    ReplyDelete