Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday Essentials . . . for Beauty

I'm starting a new blog series called Monday Essentials. It will last for a few weeks, or until I get bored. Today's topic - my favorite beauty products. As a disclaimer, I am not a big "product" girl. I like things simple. And natural. And preferably cheap. But the only cheap thing on here is the Aveeno shampoo. In no particular order, I love:

Aveda Smooth Infusion

I apply this when my hair is wet, before I blow it out. Helps with all the fly-aways and frizzes. My only complaint is that it's $25 for 4 measly ounces, ick! Any suggestions for something cheaper?

Aveeno Nourish and Revitalize Shampoo

I've found Aveeno to be a great alternative to the pricier Aveda shampoos. I just wish they made some kind of styling product that would work for me.

Shaklee Enfuselle Skin Care

I love Shaklee's all-natural skin care line. I have sensitive skin that is dry in winter and oily in summer, and their products keep my skin soft and break-out free.

Shaklee Minerelles Make-Up

Of course, I love their make-up line, too! No harsh chemicals, no additives, no break-outs. Makes me a happy woman.

Mac ZoomLash Mascara

Though of course, Mac make-up comes in a close second. Especially this mascara, which gives me extra volume without looking too fake.

Revlon Color Stay Lipstick

The color lasts several hours but it doesn't dry your lips out (like every other lipstick I've tried), hurrah!

Intuition Razor

Because come on, who has time for shaving cream?

What are your secrets to looking glamorous?

3 comments:

  1. Ok...I wouldn't say I ever look glamorous, but I love my Burts Bees products! More specifically, the tinted chap stick. Color and moisture in one...what more could you want?! And I also like their face washes...the Peach Scrub smells divine and the Chamomile face wash has a nice tingly fresh feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I straighten my hair I use a Pureology SuperSmooth: http://www.pureology.com/systems/supersmooth/relaxingserum. It's expensive but you use a dime sized amount and it works wonders. I think your hair is a little bit more fine than mine is but I never find that it weighs me down.

    As for mascara, I love Maybelline Full N soft waterproof mascara. I use that on my top lashes and Revlon lash tint on my bottom lashes (prevents what I call the "drop down" aka when mascara smudges under your eyes making unsightly gray marks under your eyes).

    And lastly, I totally echo the Burt's Bees tinted chapstick! Minty fresh and a bit of color. I think you'll like the Watermelon shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the last several months I have been using Cover Girl's lashblast mascara. It has a very different type of brush that really separates your lashes. It was voted one of the best new products of the year by someone, but I forgot who :) I use the non-waterproof, but have less of that "drop down" that Sam was talking about than with any other mascara I have used.

    And of course, I love Shaklee's Enfuselle and Minerelles, and everything Aveda (except the price!) I have just started using Aveda's Damage Control. I don't have any damage, but it protects your hair from heat damage with the blow dryer.

    I know you don't like it, but I love Cover Girl's Outlast lipstick. I use the color once in the morning and then just use the clear topcoat the rest of the day. Perfect lipstick all day and I haven't found it dries my lips out at all.

    ReplyDelete