Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sneak Peek and the Postpartum Low-down

First, I just had to share these adorable pictures of our Annie girl. Our doula came by for our postpartum visit today and she did a bonus photo shoot for us - she is practicing her photography skills and Annie was a good little model. Here is a sneak peek!
LH Annie

Annie LH2

Annie LH 1

Second, I thought I'd share the rest of the story. Here's what I call the "postpartum low-down." I know every woman's experience is different, but if you really want to know what your body feels like after birthing a baby . . . my perineum finally started feeling better around day four. My tummy is getting a little bit smaller every day. I lost half the baby weight in the first week, but I'm sure the rest will go more slowly. I've had a few moments of feeling overwhelmed - as in, "am I really going to be nursing every two hours for the rest of my life?!" - but overall I've been feeling better and better every day. My main complaint has been what the nurse dismisses as "post-pregnancy rash." I got PUPPS in my 39th week, and itched like crazy. I was told it would get better after delivery, and it did. But unfortunately I broke out in an angry red rash on my arms and legs about two days after delivery. It is finally getting better today. The nurse said it is a reaction to all the medication I got at the hospital, combined with fluctuating hormone levels. All I know is that during that 2am feeding, I want to claw my skin off. Thankfully, your body does heal!

3 comments:

  1. Love the sweet Annie pictures...she really looks like a perfect blend of you and Aaron right now...it will be exciting to see how she grows and changes! And I'll be praying that itchy rash becomes but a memory asap! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the picture in the teacup!! what a cutie... looking forward to seeing ya'll next week.. we're continuing to lift all of you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a precious little baby! I just adore newborn pictures, they always are so soft and adorable.

    ReplyDelete