Monday, March 7, 2011

Poor Puppy

We just celebrated Huck's third birthday last week, haven't gotten around to posting pictures yet. But Saturday my uncle found a lump under Huck's neck. The Gent took him to the vet today and it is a malignant tumor on his lymph node. He needs to have surgery right away. Hopefully the vet will be able to get good margins on it and the pathology report will come back with a low chance of recurrence. I am waiting on callbacks from two vets I trust before we schedule the surgery. We are still new in town and I'm not completely comfortable with our vet here. Please be praying for our Huckleberry . . .

3 comments:

  1. Aw, poor Huck baby! Just checked your blog when we got off the phone...sorry I didn't know when we were talking - you know how I love those pooches! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Emmy...

    I'm sorry to hear that! I'll be praying that he feels better!!
    Sadie had a big lump appear on her lymph node last January- later found out it was malignant melanoma and inoperable. Luckily a year later she is doing just fine (lump is still there, but hasn't spread). She is enjoying the retired horse life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sad! I will pray! It was wonderful to see you Sunday. You are blessed with a truly beautiful newborn!

    ReplyDelete