Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting into Routine

purple outfit

Isn't she just the cutest? Everyone told us not to buy newborn clothes because baby would outgrow them too soon. Luckily for Annie she got some as gifts, because all her 0-3 month clothes are too big! This little outfit is from her Auntie Jenn.

We are starting to find our groove now. Here's what a typical day looks like. I nurse Annie around 6am, then she goes back to sleep till 8. I sleep a little more, then get up and have breakfast and do my Bible study. Then Annie nurses again, we get her dressed, and she takes another nap while I shower. The rest of our day goes in a cycle of: nurse, activity, nap (we are somewhat following The Baby Whisperer routine). While Annie naps I take care of things around the house and tackle the day's to-do list. After her 7pm feeding, Daddy gives her a bath and reads to her while I take a little bit of time to myself. Then she nurses one more time and goes down for the night. She sleeps two 4-hour stretches through the night, and we usually have to wake her up to get her to eat! She loves her sleep, just like her mama! After she gets back up to her birth weight I'm going to ask her pediatrician if we should keep waking her or let her wake us when she is hungry.

P.S. We switched pediatricians. After the first doctor told us to put her on formula, I decided I wasn't willing to forgive and forget. We are starting over instead. :)

3 comments:

  1. She IS the cutest! Wow, I can see Aaron in her, too! The outfit looks even cuter on her than I imagined...can't wait to see you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beauty!!! She's definitely peaceful in this photo. For what it's worth, and I may have already shared...but the BEST advise I got from my son's pediatrician way back when was to wake him at specific intervals during the day for feeding. He was sleeping through the night at four weeks. What a treat!! Take Care ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad you switched peds! i can't believe they told you to put her on formula! looks like you're getting the hang of it all... yay! she is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete