Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn is Here

I love the way my centerpiece turned out. Put it together in about five minutes - not because I am superwoman, but because our dinner guests were arriving in six. :)

IMG_4505

Burnt orange astromeria in mason jars, a few pumpkins and gourds, and three leaf tea light holders with pumpkin-scented candles.

IMG_4507

I love fresh flowers.

IMG_4509

And apples and pumpkins and gourds.

IMG_4510

I put out some other fall-scented candles (pumpkin pie spice, apple cider) and a few knickknacks and I'm done. The Gent and I are going to do some work in the yard next week. Be prepared for photos of mulch, pansies, and mums.

I'm off to enjoy new fall memories and the crispness in the air. Autumn always has me thinking about the food (apple pie, apple cider, chili, and hot chocolate) and catching up on some old-school Gilmore Girls (Season 1, y'all - Cinnamon's Wake and Love and War and Snow being two of my faves). Oooooh I think I'll go watch some Gilmore Girls now while I work on my latest project - more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Love your centerpiece and basket of fruits and vegetables. I love fall, too. I've got some mums planted and my fall wreath on the door - now I need to do inside!

    ReplyDelete