Wednesday, September 15, 2010

August and September Date Nights

Oops, I forgot to post about these.

Our August date was to see our new hometown baseball team! They lost. Badly. By five runs. But the evening was surprisingly cool for August in the South, and the stadium was much nicer than I expected. It was a good introduction to our new city and we enjoyed ourselves. And we only took a few wrong turns on the way home.

Our September date was low-key. We went to Olive Garden because I was craving it and I pretty much get what I want food-wise right now. :) The people sitting behind us kept us amused. They sent their food back three times. Then the man just got up and left, saying "I'm tired." Mom and daughter were trying to humor grandma, who appeared to be the one causing all the problems. Like I said, at least we got free entertainment. The Gent said they are Yankees and they just don't know how to be happy. And then we went to Sam's Club to buy dog food because the bags are too heavy for me to lift. And then we came home and watched an hour of The Office and laughed out loud many times.

Yep, that's the kind of date you get when you're old married people.

4 comments:

  1. And it gets better. Post empty nest - the highlight of our week is church on Sunday, lunch at Panera and a nap on the couch! See what you have to look forward to? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this yankee resents that comment, because, truly we DO know how to be happy, and I can prove it! There are many kinds of people everywhere and the ones who talk or yell loudest are the ones heard, unfortunately. BTW~ in my experience, food at Olive Garden deserves to be sent back multiple times. It's one of the poorer excuses for italian food, kinda like Red Lobster is for seafood (and I use the term, seafood loosely there). Anyway, love to you guys, in spite of the comment. (hmph)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha sorry, Bonnie - no offense intended. I'm so glad we have a Yankee friend who knows how to be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete