Monday, September 13, 2010

A Day of Remembrance

Saturday would have been Noel's due date. I didn't want to be at home, so the Gent and I went to my "happy place."

IMG_4380

I love the beach. It is my peaceful place, a place where I remember that God is vast and yet personal, and where I can be close to Him and just rest in His presence.

Thankfully, it wasn't a sad day at all, but a day to reflect on God's goodness in blessing us with Noel's short life, and with this new baby, too. I just kept remembering these words from a dear friend. "love you sweet friend...enjoy your time at the beach and rest knowing that our God is Faithful in every circumstance! You are His precious child; and so is Noel, who is safe and whole in our Father's arms tomorrow, and every day."

There are still difficult days and I know the pain will always be there. Yet I know that God is indeed faithful, at all times and in all circumstances.



Now for a couple more photos.

This is on the pavilion looking out over the beach, before we headed out to dinner.
IMG_4387

And, yes, I totally wore my bikini. Who knows when I'll get to again?
IMG_4384

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet friend to write you such an encouraging note! I'm sure the day was bittersweet. Thank you for being so transparent and being such a great example of trusting God through tragedy. I'm sure many people will benefit from your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very fortunate to have such wise friends as such a young age. Celebrating baby Noel's life with you. Glad y'all had such a good time at the beach.

    And, I love the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete