Friday, March 22, 2013

Peanut's Nursery

IMG_1784

IMG_1785

Peanut's nursery is finally complete, except for framing photos of her once she arrives and having her name monogrammed on the stuffed animal basket. Most of the furniture is the same as Annie's nursery. The green rocker is new (from Craigslist). The child's pink rocking chair was a gift from Bebe and Papa Rick to Annie but Annie has two rocking chairs, so she's sharing one with her sister. The teddy bear is to take her monthly photos with, so we'll have something to compare and see how big she's getting. I repainted the canvas above the bookcase with baby girl's verse: Trust in the Lord with all your heart (Proverbs 3:5). I re-arranged and added new artwork and knicknacks to make things look fresh for Peanut. I originally got the lamp for Annie's big girl room, but decided it looked better in the nursery and the lamp that was in the nursery looked better in Annie's room. New toy bins are from Target. I made the wreath over the crib with feather boas and a little hot glue. And at long last, the great rug ordeal is finally over.

This is the sixth rug I've been through. Way back when I was pregnant with Annie, I ordered the first rug but didn't like the color. So I sold it on Craigslist. At that point I was about out of nursery money, so I settled on an inexpensive shag rug from Target. It did the trick but I never really loved it, so I wanted to get a new one for Peanut. I ordered a rug I loved from Land of Nod. It came. It had a hole in it. They sent a replacement. It got a bunch of snags after one week. I sent it back. I ordered a rug from Overstock. The color was off. I sent it back. At long last, I ordered this one from Rug Studio. It had been discontinued so, combined with an internet coupon, I got a great deal. Yippee yay hurray!

Now all we need is a baby in about nine weeks and we'll be set!

No comments:

Post a Comment