Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Life Update

A brief life update. (When I write it all out, it looks like our week has been awful. But we've had some good times, too. And in the grand scheme of things, all our problems are fixable. It'll get better soon.)

Our basement flooded BAD Saturday. The worst it has ever been. A cooler that had been sitting on the floor ended up wedged above the ductwork. We're talking 5 1/2 feet of water. My HVAC guy got our heat back on Monday, but the entire furnace is going to have to be replaced. And this is after the expensive waterproofing work has been done. Obviously it is still a work in progress. The company has been very responsive, thankfully. They are scheduling a geo-technical engineer to come survey under the house and the yard and try to figure out where all the water is coming from. We'll see what happens after that. I am ready for this project to be finished and the water problems solved. I am very, very tired of dealing with this.

The Gent has the flu. He actually stayed home from work today and is in bed. I don't think he's done that in the nine and a half years we've been together. He's got the high fever, chills, and all the other classic flu symptoms. I called his doctor last night and got him a scrip for Tamiflu. Hoping that will help. I saw my ob this morning for my regular checkup and she wants me to start Tamiflu as a precaution. Says that is much better for baby than me getting the flu. I've been fighting a cold for the past ten days so my immune system is already down. I hate taking medicine while I'm pregnant, and I've already had a course of antibiotics during my first trimester (walking pneumonia) and three bottles of cough syrup (between the walking pneumonia and my current cold). And yes, we both got our flu shots. Thankfully the kids seem fine and I am hoping they stay that way.

But it's Holy Week. Sunday we will be celebrating our risen Lord! As Isaiah 60:1 says, "Arise, shine, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." No more darkness, no more night. Instead, a Savior. For you. For me. For the world.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you ended your post with the focus on Resurrection Sunday! That is the true hope for all of us. I've been praying much about your troubles. Sometimes they come in heaps. I know you are strong and this too shall past. In the meantime, we love you all so much and pray for an end to sickness and flooding.

    Love,
    Bebe

    ReplyDelete