Friday, May 25, 2012

Walking

Annie and the dogs and I walk our neighborhood each morning. Sometimes we power through our walk and sometimes we stroll. We take in the changing seasons and smile at neighbors and strangers alike. In the winter we are bundled against the chill and in the summer we try to get an early start before the temperature climbs into the nineties. Some mornings our walk is a chore and some mornings it is something we look forward to. We try to be disciplined and walk anyway--and most of the time we are successful.

It is an interesting neighborhood to walk. I love to walk past a mama and her toddler doing yoga in the park, the elderly lady out with her dog, even if she needs the help of a walker. I try to smile as someone tells me for the umpteenth time "you've got your hands full!" (I get this comment with one small child and three large dogs, what will these people say to me as our family grows in the next few years?). I pray for healing and changed hearts as I walk past the abortion clinic. Yes, an interesting neighborhood for sure. I'm glad to live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment