Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Belated Mother's Day/The Bikini Crash Diet (or, how I learned to love the stomach bug)

We had all kinds of fun plans for last weekend. We were going to see old friends, have dinner with new friends, and go see my brother and work on one of his house projects. Ahh, the best laid plans. I was so looking forward to them. Till the Gent came home from work with a delightful stomach ailment. Bye, bye, visits with old friends. The next day I woke up with it. Bye, bye, dinner with new friends. Saturday I was still running a fever. Bye, bye, trip to see brother. Sunday I was still feeling a bit puny and Annie has had a nasty cough, so we stayed home from church and spent Mother's Day watching lots of baseball and reading and being lazy. It was a nice weekend, once our unwelcome bug left. And thankfully Annie didn't get it. We do have a beach trip coming up (!), so I'm just going to count last weekend as my getting into bikini-shape routine.

they brought me flowers for Mother's Day
IMG_6834

so pretty and happy!
IMG_6835

love being her Mama, what a gift
IMG_6855

my sweet baby girl
IMG_6864

warms my heart . . . baby kisses
IMG_6870

she loves her Daddy, too (she's also fascinated with sticking out her tongue right now, can you tell?)
IMG_6877

and other things that warm my heart . . . my necklace is back. the sweet folks at Lisa Leonard Designs added Zion's name to my necklace. and now it is back, close to my heart, where it belongs. so blessed by all my babies this Mother's Day.
IMG_6888

No comments:

Post a Comment