Monday, May 28, 2012

Annie: Fifteen Months

IMG_7109

IMG_7115

IMG_7120

IMG_7122

IMG_7127

At fifteen months, Annie is walking everywhere; she has almost given up crawling. Makes me sad to see her growing up so fast--she looks more and more like a toddler every day and I miss my little baby that I could cradle in one arm. She is still taking two good naps a day, about an hour and a half each. And she is tired by 10am. I don't think she's going to be going down to one nap for a while longer, and that's just fine with me. Annie loves the swings and slides at the park and going out to eat. She still adores her books and likes to point to the pictures and have us give her the word. Language hasn't really taken off yet--she has sounds for Mama (though I haven't heard it for a while), Daddy, dog, hi, thank you, up, and cup (although it sounds more like "dat"). She is going through phases with eating; the last two weeks she barely ate but since we got back from the beach I haven't been able to get food on her tray fast enough. She is still rejecting most veggies, even her formerly beloved sweet potatoes. We keep offering her a variety anyway. She is glad peaches and cherries are back in season, and discovered grits and French toast this month--yum. Annie is still nursing four times a day and is not the least bit interested in weaning. I don't have any problem with extended breastfeeding so we're just going to keep going as we are for now. She is wearing 12-18 month clothes and still in size 3 diapers. I think she'll be in them till she's potty-trained, they are still a little bit big on her. We go to the doctor in a couple of weeks so I'll update her stats then.

No comments:

Post a Comment