Friday, December 2, 2011

Guest Room, Hall Bath, Play Room

Here are pictures of the last three rooms I've finished up. (Finished for now, anyway.)

Guest room before:
028

Guest room after: We started by toning the yellow walls way down. The bedding is Ralph Lauren, purchased at TJ Maxx. The rug is from Penneys. The cedar armoire belonged to the Gent's great-aunt. I refinished it and it is perfect for the space. This room is the tiniest in the house but we made it work and I love the way it turned out! This is the room we'll use for foster kids, so I was trying to make it work for guests, little boys, or little girls.
IMG_5092

IMG_5093

IMG_5094

Hall bath before:
027

Hall bath after: New paint, new sink, new mirror, painted the storage cabinet, had the tub re-glazed, Papaw took down the old mirror and repaired the drywall. I decided on hooks rather than a towel bar. Easier to use and I don't have to worry about the towels being folded the "right" way. :)
IMG_5127

IMG_5128

IMG_5129

Play room before:
029

030

Play room after: This room still isn't completely finished. The new paint definitely helps, though! I would like to have the floors re-finished but am waiting on some price estimates. That project may need to wait a while. After we decide on that I want to rearrange the furniture a little bit, and I'm sure Annie will have more toys to put in here after Christmas! I keep my craft supplies in the cabinets by the mini-bar. This room used to be a sleeping porch and was enclosed at some point. The laundry was also moved upstairs to this room. But I still can't figure out why they put a mini-bar here? Later this room will become our school room. The bookcases we already had (bequeathed from my parents when we first got married). The table and chairs we've also had since we got married. The table is the one my great-grandmother set up housekeeping with many, many years ago. I love it. The rug is from Target. I bought it for the entry way but it didn't work there. I liked it too much to return it so it found a new home.
IMG_5096

IMG_5097

IMG_5098

IMG_5099

IMG_5100

Here's an updated house to-do/dream list, if you want to keep up! More electrical work is happening this weekend (thanks, Uncle Richard!), new hot water heater is going in on Monday (thanks, Papaw!). Oh, and I wasn't completely happy with the family room and entry way, so they've had a little re-do the past couple of weeks. Pictures of that, along with Christmas decorations, to come next week.

Underway Projects
Rewire electric
Get estimate to repair chimney mortar and install chimney cap
Get estimate for sanding playroom floor
Get estimate for window pane repair

Winter
Install new hot water heater
Tear out basement bath and cap pipes
Install vents in basement and repair window wells
Replace basement stairs
Clean and organize basement
Build bookcases for family room
Add stake to front gate

Spring
Work on landscaping
Repair mortar

Summer
Brace basement beam
Replace attic insulation
Garage repairs and drainage work
Brace deck steps

Small projects
Install crown molding in master bedroom
Install crown molding in entry way
Install crown molding in office

Big projects
Renovate kitchen
Waterproof basement
Install new windows
Remove popcorn ceilings and install crown molding in upstairs bedrooms
Remove old tile in downstairs bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment