Monday, December 19, 2011

Always Winter, Never Christmas

The Gent frequently hears me say "I hate winter!" when I climb into bed at night and pull the covers over my head. Sometimes I even say it in July if my feet are cold. :) It has gotten to be a standing joke now and I don't really mean that I hate winter, but I do mean I hate being cold! Thankfully my flannel sheets make it bearable, ha.

But the best part of winter is CHRISTMAS, my favorite holiday, of course. I remember that line in the first Narnia book about how under the witch's rule it is always winter but never Christmas. How awful. Christmas is what redeems winter for me. Christmas is the Advent season, the anticipation, the waiting, the reminder that a Savior has come. Christmas is lots of time to visit with our family, decorating the tree, sending cards to friends old and new and far and near, and eating too much yummy food. May your holidays be merry and bright!

As my contribution to spreading Christmas cheer, here is a photo of Annie watching the Grinch. She was fascinated for about three minutes. And for the record, we don't really let her watch television unless it is football.
2011-12-17_18-15-51_118

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Grinch! Annie obviously shares that love with her Honey :)

    ReplyDelete