Friday, June 17, 2011

On Being Disciplined

My day goes so much better when I get up and moving in the morning. Now that I finally have the all-clear from the doc to exercise again, I've been getting up at 6:30 and spending time with the Lord, walking the dogs, and doing an ab workout before Annie wakes up around 8. Then I do weights or yoga and then shower while she takes her morning nap. I am finally starting to feel somewhat back in shape, though I'm not where I want to be yet. And I just FEEL so much more energized when I get up at the same time every morning. But sometimes--most of the time--when that alarm goes off it is very tempting to sleep in! How did I ever get up at 5:15 when I was working?!

2 comments:

  1. Ii always say I'm a MUCH better momma & housewife when I've exercised AND spent time with Him... just wish I didn't have to fight my flesh each morning... Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have an almost 4 month old!

    ReplyDelete