Monday, June 27, 2011

Miscellaneous

There will be lots of blog posts this week; I am trying to catch up on all our happenings!

Today you get a smorgasbord post.

Let's begin with assorted Annie pictures.

She has a pack of cute little onesies that were a gift from her Bebe and Papa Rick. They are perfect for these hot summer days when we are just hanging around. She was having a great time playing on her blanket last week. And putting every toy she can find in her mouth!

IMG_2354

IMG_2353

IMG_2351

She still loves bathtime.

IMG_2415

IMG_2373

I was trying to get a photo of her in this cute little outfit from Aunt Tessie. Annie was having none of the camera. Oh, well.
IMG_2364

IMG_2368

And now, time for a short househunting update. We got the inspection report back last week, it turned up some issues, not too surprising in an old house. We are waiting to hear back from the sellers on some repair work we have requested they have done. Hoping we can get it all worked out.

On to other news. I have replaced my work wardrobe with a mama one. Mom and I hit a great sale at Loft this weekend. We found some cute knit (read: washable) shirts, casual skirts, and even a pair of shorts (the first non work-out shorts I have bought since . . . um . . . high school). I am super-excited to be able to fit into most of my clothes again. I'm not quite back to where I want to be, but I'm getting close. I have been walking and doing an ab workout Mon-Fri, and then doing Jillian Mon, Wed, Fri and yoga Tues and Thurs. This getting my body back in shape is hard work, yuck!! The Gent helped me purge my closet to make room for the new things. I have two big bags of clothes to take to Goodwill. It really is ridiculous the amount of STUFF we have. And how much of it we really don't need. I am feeling convicted of consumerism.

Moving on.

I love being Annie's mama. I already miss those sweet newborn days. I know, I must be crazy to say that! Sheesh, Annie isn't even sleeping through the night yet! We're not planning on another baby for a while, but we do practice fertility awareness for birth control, which is challenging to do while breastfeeding . . .

1 comment:

  1. i love reading your posts and I AM SOOOOO glad that you have started sharing your recipes again. You tell the Gent that he will have to hope he gets the next baby to look like him because little precious annie looks just like her sweet mama!

    ReplyDelete