Friday, May 6, 2011

Siblings

Noel

Most days I wear this necklace (Lisa Leonard Designs - love her jewelry!). On one side it says "Faithful" and on the other side it says "Noel Christian." I wear it close to my heart, as a gentle reminder of Noel's life and of the Lord's faithfulness in all circumstances.

Annie loves to wrap her little fingers around it as she nurses.

Oh, my heart.

I wonder what sort of relationship these two will have? I don't plan to keep Noel a "secret" from Annie, but I don't want her to dwell too much on it, either. Perhaps Noel will be the way to introduce Annie to the idea of heaven, the concept of death and life eternal with our Savior.

Noel will always be my first, though not my firstborn. Such a strange dichotomy. Noel was my first baby, the baby who made me a mom in my heart. And Annie my precious daughter, who made me a mom here on earth. Noel taught me faith, and Annie hope.

He makes all things new.

2 comments:

  1. This blog touched me..for the spirit of Noel Christian which will live forever with you all, for the photo of those beautiful little fingers of one so precious, holding something also precious. It's as if she knows...it is close to her mom's heart, so she just knows. Because that is where she is and always will be, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy mother's day!

    fran s

    ReplyDelete