Friday, May 13, 2011

Jillian Update

I did three weeks of Jillian. Hated it but it was definitely slimming me down. Unfortunately, I started back to heavy exercise a bit too soon. I thought my tear was completely healed but I guess it wasn’t quite, and after a phone call to the nurse was told to hold off on exercise for a bit longer. So for now I am having to rely on diet alone to lose weight and it is a SLOW PROCESS because you really can’t cut too many calories while breastfeeding. And after all that Annie and I went through to get to this wonderful place of breastfeeding success, I’m not about to sabotage it. I am losing a half pound a week – 12.5 pounds to go, OY. But I am able to fit back into some of my clothes, so at least I am seeing progress. A few people have told me they can’t believe I’ve lost all the baby weight yet. I just smile and say thanks. And several people have told me I look great. They may all be lying, but I’ll take the compliments! And hope that in a couple more weeks I can get back to Jillian’s crazy work outs and lose the remaining 12.5 pounds!

3 comments:

  1. Don't know if this will be encouraging to you or not, but I found that I lost chunks of weight at certain months. I lost a lot right after birth, more at three months, six months and nine months. I've been back at my pre birth weight for a while now, but since I'm still nursing, I'm definitely holding on to a bit of, padding :), that I think will hang on until I've weaned Beck.

    Don't get discouraged - and I think you're wise not to push it. I think it's awesome that you only have 12.5 left. That's really great. Just keep eating, drinking a ton of water, and nursing and you'll be shocked at how it will just melt off slowly. Then, make sure make a record of it somewhere so when baby #2 comes around you can remind yourself that the weight does really come off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you DO look great! i am not lying!! i wish i looked like that after having any of my kids! but oh no, i still looked 4 months prego for months afterwards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you do post-natal Yoga? I'm doing Yoga exclusively, and it is working wonders. I tried Jillian's crazy stuff for about 3 days, and it was too much for me....and, you ALWAYS look great. Your care of yourself and baby Annie will get you back to where you want to be in no time.

    ReplyDelete