Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Househunting

Annie and I have been househunting the past two days. This will be the fifth move for the Gent and me, (and our fourth wedding anniversary is Thursday) so we are hoping to stay put for a while after this. Annie and I looked at 17 houses. We narrowed down our target neighborhoods to two and found a house we love in each. Do we go with the cute and affordable bungalow with the fabulous yard and put up with the smaller rooms and the layout quirks (for example, one bedroom is accessed through the master bedroom - nice for a nursery but not so nice when babies grow up), or the beautiful craftsman house with tons of space and a sticker price at the top end of what we can afford? Ahhhhh!!! I think I need to pull a Rory Gilmore and make a pro-con list . . .

P.S. Pictures of Annie coming later this week, I promise. Just want to give you a reason to keep reading. :)

4 comments:

  1. Or you could choose option #3 and move in with Honey & Poppa! We have tons of room and just think of the money you could save :) Just kidding!! Well, not really, but . . . Seriously I think you found two great options and you will be happy with either one. Or maybe you haven't found THE house yet. Praying for God to lead you to the one He has perfectly picked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful baby girl! I am so proud and happy to read about her growth and your growth as a mom. Good luck with the house hunting! You will find just the right spot for your precious family. I have a new job and will mail you soon to let you know my new information! The world moves on and I am just trying to happily keep up. Love and misses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will definitely know THE home when you enter. If you are not sure; neither is the one! Happy hunting and I look forward to an update when you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally believe that love grows best in small houses :)

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete