Thursday, May 20, 2010

IRS Update

I spent 15 minutes on the phone with my bank yesterday, tracking down a copy of our canceled check.

Then I spent 40 minutes on the phone with the IRS. Again.

Turns out they filed my check under the wrong Social Security number. Really? Really, people? Come on! I wrote the number on the front of the check, for crying out loud. Sheesh.

Anyways, all straightened out now. We should get a confirmation letter in the mail soon. I doubt it will contain an apology . . .

An hour and a half of my life, gone.

Haha reading back over this post it looks like I'm really mad. Actually I wasn't mad at all. I found the entire situation deliciously ironic.

But I do feel a bit sorry for the person whose tax account my check was credited to. They probably got a letter in the mail saying they were going to be getting a refund because they had overpaid their taxes.

1 comment:

  1. Daddy says he can't wait until government straightens out our health care!

    ReplyDelete