Friday, September 29, 2017

A Year Ago

It was about a year ago that we were surprised to find out I was pregnant, and then knocked flat by David’s diagnosis. There were so many unknowns and fears and worries. I feel like the whole fall was a blur that we just got through day by day. I know I taught kindergarten and we had a playroom renovation going on and there was soccer and ballet and other stuff. I knew that the Lord would be faithful to carry us through and He was. And is. Am I thankful now that we are on the other side of it? Absolutely. By spring we could feel David’s kicks and make more definite plans for his arrival and death while we celebrated the life he had. That part isn’t a blur, but each day a gift of his life to cherish. So continue to pray with us, remember with us, grieve with us. Those “Life is Good” stickers and shirts bug me. Life is hard. God is good.

1 comment: