Friday, September 15, 2017

Recent Reading

Here are some books I have read and really enjoyed lately:

My Brother's Keeper, by Rod Gragg. True short stories of Christians being the hands and feet of Jesus during the Holocaust.

North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell. How did I not know about this novel!? I must have lumped her in with that horrible Dickens! Loved this book and I'll be reading more Gaskell in the near future.

Secrets in the Dark, by Frederick Buechner. Thoughtful sermons by the author of "What's lost is nothing to what's found, and all the death that ever was, set next to life, would scarcely fill a cup."

Dear Mr. Knightley, by Katherine Reay. Very enjoyable novel about a girl growing up in foster care who happens to love Jane Austen.

David's Sling, by Victoria Gardner Coates. A unique way of studying Western Civilization through the lens of ten works of art.

The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith. See me reading more novels? I've been trying to supplement my non-fiction more. Fiction has beautiful truths to tell, too.

The Lost Airman, by Seth Meyerowitz. True story of a Jewish airman shot down over occupied France in WWII, written by his grandson.

As Kingfisher's Catch Fire, by Eugene Peterson. Beautiful reflections on faith and God's Word and eternal truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment