Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Rejoice with those who rejoice . . .

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
I think the body of Christ is good at this last part. And it IS good to weep with those who weep and grieve with those who grieve and mourn with those who mourn. But let’s not neglect the first part. It is good to rejoice with those who rejoice! Be joyful for the blessings and the good things and the happy times. Be thankful in ALL things.

I’m confused when people ask me if it is hard to be around other babies or be happy about other women’s pregnancies. I am so thankful for them and their precious little ones. I certainly don’t want anyone else to walk this awful road we have walked, to carry and love their child and then bury them. Yes, when I see babies around David’s age I sometimes think, “this is what he would have been doing now if . . . “ But that is a fleeting thought. There really was no other “if” for him. His physical body was not made for life here. In heaven he is whole.

Nora was talking with me about David a few weeks ago. She was remembering holding him and how proud she was to be the big sister.
I held him, Mama.
Yes you did, baby girl.
David’s in heaven?
Yes, baby, in heaven.
With Jesus?
Yes, with Jesus.
Is he sad?
No, precious, I don’t think he’s sad.
He misses us.

I didn’t have a response to that. We certainly miss him. So we continue to trust that the Lord is with us in all circumstances, and nothing is beyond His redemption.

3 comments:

  1. The other day I held Judah during BSF. For abut 8 seconds, I thought "This is what it would feel like to hold David" and my heart hurt terribly. Then I just felt overwhelming joy at cuddling with him and was so grateful he is a part of our family. Not gonna lie though, I still wished I had David to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I hope this is not an inappropriate question but... what age is David in heaven? Is he eternally a baby?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Blogger, I don't really have an answer to your question, except to say that I don't think so but I don't know for sure. I trust that our Lord who has promised to redeem and restore all things will do so in an incredible way.

    ReplyDelete