Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Recent Favorite Books of the Kiddos

Nora loves books with flaps and touch-and-feel books. Two current favorites are Flaptastic's Colors and Baby Touch and Feel's Wild Animals.

Sophie still adores the poems in Maurice Sendak's Chicken Soup with Rice. Some other favorites are If You Plant a Seed (I love this book, too!) and Just One More. If You Plant a Seed uses the power of story to talk about what grows from vegetable and flower seeds, but also from planting a seed of jealousy or a seed of kindness.

Jacob (and Annie) enjoyed Building Our House and Go and Hush the Baby (out of print but I found a copy on Amazon). Building our House is a mostly-true story of a child's observations of her parents building their house from the foundation up. Annie and Jacob found this fascinating. Also look for This is My House, This is My School.

Annie loves the newest Fancy Nancy book, the Saturday Night Sleepover, and another out of print book I found on Amazon: The Family Under the Moon. Sophie is beginning to get into Fancy Nancy, too, and even Jacob enjoys the antics of Nancy and her handful of a sibling. These stories are some of our very favorite "new" books.

And I loved Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World's Most Famous Bear. I had no clue Winnie was a real bear and this was a sweet story to share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment