Friday, February 22, 2013

Master Bedroom Complete!

I finally have the master bedroom I've wanted since we moved into our new-old house. I kept trying to re-work things we already had but it just wasn't working for me. The day after Christmas Mom and I went shopping and boy did we have fun. :) We found all new linens, a few accessories, accent table, and chairs. The final details (curtains, headboard, and light fixtures) took a bit longer to come together but the Gent finished it all up for me this weekend. I love, love, love the way everything came together. Long-term, the electrical in our room still needs to be re-wired (so just ignore the couple of cords you can see, those will be moved eventually) and we are going to put up crown molding someday.

I didn't want the linens to be a matchy-matchy set. :) Mom and I pulled things together from Stein Mart and Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They came together beautifully! The sconces are very basic from Home Depot but they complement the room well. The mirror is from Home Goods and adds a bit of glam. The headboard . . . my hubby really loves me. I ordered it from Overstock but it came in black and I thought it looked cheap. Many, many, many coats of paint later, its perfect. Good job, Gent!
IMG_1211

New accent table on clearance at Target, chair from TJ Maxx, throw from Stein Mart.
IMG_1210

Curtains sewn by the talented Mom/Honey. They took up a lot of her time but they finish off the room beautifully! Fabric was 60% off at Hancock and the seamstress was free or I couldn't have afforded these.
IMG_1213

My dressing corner. The Gent hung some pegboard for my scarves and necklaces, and I purged my purse collection so it fits on this coat rack. This area is behind the bedroom door so you don't see it too much, but I still wanted it to be decent looking. In an old house you have to get creative with storage, but I'm finding that I still have way too many clothes (that I rarely wear) and every season I give away or consign a bunch. Perhaps someday I will achieve wardrobe balance.
IMG_1214

1 comment: