Friday, February 8, 2013

Annie's Big Girl Room

Annie's big girl room is complete! She'll be moving to her new room after her birthday. She loves to play in here already. I find her in the rocking chair looking at books. I love the way this room came together. Thanks, as always, to the Gent and Honey for their help!

This daybed was mine growing up. Quilt is from TJ Maxx, other linens I picked up here and there. The curtains are the extras from her nursery in our old house (there were a lot more windows in the first nursery than in her second). The pen and inks framed by her bed I bought in Paris quite a long time ago. I think they complete her room and I love the way the framing turned out.
IMG_1071

The bookcase I've had since college, the rocker was in the nursery. It belonged to my great-grandmother.The wreath was made by Aunt Tessie and also used to hang in the nursery.
 IMG_1072

Dresser from Craigslist, rug from Overstock.
IMG_1073

Her doll cradle and rocking chair made the transition from the nursery, too.
IMG_1074

All that's left to do is move her clothes and shoes in and teach her how to stay in bed till Mama says it is time to get up. ;)

2 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I like how you've incorporated so many bits of family into her room. She will love growing up in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special room, you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete