Friday, January 25, 2013

The Great January Clean-Out

I did my semi-annual house purge the end of December (hello, tax write-off). I cleaned out every closet and drawer and came up with a van load of stuff to donate and another big pile of things I'm selling on Craigslist, consigning, trading in at the used book store, etc. It feels so good to get rid of clutter. I'm already looking around the house and thinking about what else we could give away. We want to be good stewards of what we have. There's no reason for us to hang on to things we don't need when someone else could use them. To stay in our house, an item has to meet one of two qualifications:

We use it.
It makes us happy and/or adds beauty to our home.

1 Timothy 6:6 says, "But godliness with contentment is great gain."

I'm striving for contentment and simplicity this year.

But I am finally re-doing our master bedroom the way I've wanted it since we moved in. :) And tweaks to the nursery, Annie's room, and the playroom will be posted in the coming weeks--making the space we have the most effective for our family. And aesthetically pleasing, of course. It makes me happy. Like this bowl of citrus fruit on my dining room buffet. Hello, citrusy sunshine!

Happy Friday, y'all. Wish us luck on our weekend plans--we've got a week's worth of projects to complete on Saturday!

photo(1)

1 comment: