Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What I Know

On Easter Sunday we sang Aaron Shust's "My Savior Lives." Part of the lyrics go like this:

I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand
Stands one who is my Savior

My Savior loves, My Savior lives
My Savior's always there for me
My God He was, my God He is
My God He's always gonna be

Those words spoke to my heart. It is easy to question God, to be angry, to just want to understand. Why didn't my prayers get answered the way I wanted? Why do I have to go through the loss of a baby again? I could go on and on with the questions, but I wouldn't get anywhere. The prophet Isaiah reminds us that God's ways are not our ways. And His way is better, despite what I can see at the time. I am not skilled to understand the mysteries of God, but I do know that at His right hand is our Savior. Our Savior who loves so greatly that He laid down His life for us, our Savior who never leaves us or forsakes us. So I'm focusing on what I know. God is good. All the time.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you! Praying for you, Annie, and the Gent.

    ReplyDelete