Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Weaning and other Questions

Thanks for all the well-wishes for our little Munchkin. Our first ultrasound is in two weeks so I'll have an update for you then. I am feeling good, no nausea yet (that set in about week seven with Annie), just tired. And hungry all the time.

I'm thinking that's cause I'm feeding one baby while growing another. :)

Folks keep asking me if I'm planning to wean Annie soon (they were asking before I announced the pregnancy). Nope. Annie still loves nursing and has made no attempt to self-wean. She is nursing four times a day - first thing in the morning, after her two naps, and before bed. I will most likely wean her at some point towards the end of my second trimester/beginning of the third, because I don't think tandem nursing is the way I want to go. (But for those moms who do, more power to ya!)

I've also been asked about our plans for foster parenting. We have two classes left, then our home visits, cpr training, and finishing up our paperwork. I know some people think we're crazy, but we actually planned to have another baby and begin fostering at the same time. We'll be certified in another couple of months so we'll have several months to adjust to fostering before Munchkin comes. Last year when we took our Christmas card photo, the Gent and I looked at each other and asked, "how many kids are going to be in this picture next year?!"

And to answer a couple of questions about Munchkin . . . Yes, we will find out if baby is a boy or a girl. No, we will not share baby's name until the birth. Yes, we have a boy name picked out, and a first name for a girl. We've got some time to decide on the middle name.

Any more questions? Ask away!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am soooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Thanks for answering all the questions! Although I hadn’t actually asked you all of these, I’d definitely thought of them :) You’ll be an amazing mom regardless of how many babies God gives you!

    ReplyDelete