Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not Good News

We had our ultrasound yesterday, but we weren't able to see a fetal pole or a heartbeat. At seven weeks I am definitely far enough along that we should have seen the beginnings of a baby. Since I chart and have for some time, it is improbable that my dates are off. At first the doctor wasn't concerned, but when I showed her my chart she became more apprehensive. She thinks that I will likely miscarry in the next few weeks, once my body realizes the baby is not growing. I go back for another ultrasound Tuesday to see if anything has changed but that is unlikely. I am not giving up hope entirely, but am being realistic. Unlike my pregnancy with Noel, when I had no symptoms, I feel very pregnant this time around, all the same symptoms I had with Annie. It is very strange to have the symptoms when I know most likely our baby is already gone. Emotionally I am feeling okay, stuck in limbo. I know that whatever happens we will get through it. I really don't want to walk the miscarriage road again. But I know that God is faithful, and I trust Him. Your prayers are treasured, dear friends.

4 comments:

  1. I'm praying for you!
    Love,
    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Our prayers are with you and your family. Sariah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my thoughts and I send positive, healing and peaceful energy your way. You are loved. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, knowing God has a plan for the little life inside you.

    ReplyDelete