Friday, March 30, 2012

On Our Hearts

I’ve been struggling with how to pray over the circumstances we find ourselves in with our Munchkin. Do I pray for acceptance, for healing, for a miracle?

I remember the story in the Old Testament about King Hezekiah, who prayed for the years of his life to be extended. God answered his prayer, but in the fifteen additional years Hezekiah lived, he fathered a son who was an extremely evil man and led God’s people to destruction. Would it have been better if Hezekiah hadn’t lived those fifteen years more? Or was enough good accomplished in those years that the good outweighed the bad?

This morning I sat down and opened my Bible. I am reading through the New Testament right now, but this morning I wanted the comfort of the Psalms. I turned the pages back to Psalms and found myself at Psalm 139. I’ve heard people say “the Lord led me to this verse” so many times, and I wonder to myself, did they just pick up their Bible and let it fall open? I don’t think that’s always the way the Lord leads us to a particular Word from Him, but that’s exactly what He did to me this morning. He put these words right in front of me:

“For You formed my inward parts; You knitted me together in my mother’s womb . . . Your eyes saw my unformed substance, in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them.”

The Lord has a plan for this little one, before our baby was conceived God knew the length of Munchkin’s life. Whether that is a short few growing inside me or a hundred years on earth, God has a plan. None of this is taking Him by surprise.

The Gent and I trust that plan, whatever it is.

We are praying boldly and specifically that the Lord will knit together our baby’s tiny body, this week focusing on Munchkin’s spine and heart. We know our Lord is the Great Physician, and nothing is impossible for God. We are praying for His mercy to be poured out on our family, and on this child in particular. We pray also, as we do for Annie each day, that the Lord would fulfill His purpose in our children’s lives, in whatever way He chooses to do so. If it is not His will that this baby be born, then we pray for His peace and comfort. Our lives—and those of our children—are in His hands. We invite you to join with us these next few days as we boldly and confidently approach the throne of God Almighty.

Heavenly Father,

We acknowledge that You alone are God. You made the heavens and the earth and You formed us out of nothing. All that we have and all that we are is from You. You are strong and mighty to save. You are loving and merciful and compassionate. You are the Healer, the mender of broken hearts and souls and bodies.

Lord, we don’t fully understand the situation we currently find ourselves in, but we trust that You have a plan and that You are working for our good.

You promise us in Your Word that You hear our prayers, that the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective, that where two or three are gathered together You are in the midst of them, that if we are suffering, we should pray in Your Name. We are so grateful that You hear us, that You never abandon us.

Father God, we ask for You to watch over this little one. We approach Your throne and we boldly ask that You would knit our baby’s body together, that You would form our little one’s spine and heart. We know that all things are possible for You. Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief.

Lord, above all else, we pray for Your will to be done in our lives and those of our children. Make our hearts one with You.

In the powerful and mighty Name of Jesus our Savior,
Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you and your precious soul in Nashville! Much love and blessings sent your way.

    Take care of you and know that you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The LORD is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds. The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them. The LORD keeps all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy. My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever." Psalm 145:17-21

    I love you very much. We are praying with you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, the Gent, Annie and especially Munchkin. You are truely an amazing lady.

    ReplyDelete