Friday, January 13, 2012

Just Numbers? And Twitter.

So the Gent and I had orientation for our foster parent training last night. Classes start the end of the month and we will probably be licensed in about six months.

I'm sure lots of people think we are crazy for wanting to do this. No need to go into all that now, except to say that He who calls us is faithful.

1200+ kids in our county in foster care right now.

152 foster homes.

Did you get that?!

1200+ children needing a safe place, a family, a place to call home for a while.

152 homes available. Numbers aren't my strong point, but I can clearly see the need.

The Lord calls us to be His hands and feet, to look after widows and orphans in their distress, to care for the needy, to reflect His love.

And that's where we're going on this journey--we're doing what He tells us to do.

I know we're going to learn more about trusting God through this than we could possibly imagine.

_____________________________________________________________

And in other news, I finally joined Twitter. Mostly so I can keep up with late breaking college football news. :D I don't know how much I'll be tweeting, but I'm AbbasGirlFamily if you want to follow along!

2 comments:

  1. Bill and I are most likely starting foster parent classes this summer. Exciting! Can't wait to read about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If God calls you to it, He will equip you for it. I'm sure we will all be learning to trust God more together! :)

    ReplyDelete