Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Annie: Two Months

month 2

Two months old already, wow! I can't believe how much my little girl has grown this month. I think she is probably around nine pounds now. She has her two month check-up next week, so we'll get an exact weight then.

Annie usually sleeps from 8pm to 8am. I get her up at 10pm to nurse, then she wakes up around 1am and 5am. When she gets up in the morning she is so happy! We nurse, then have some smiling and talking time in my lap, then go for a walk with the dogs. When we get home she nurses again (Yes, we still nurse 8-10 times a day! I tell myself this stage will not last forever.) and then takes a short morning nap, usually an hour or less. When she wakes up we nurse again and then have some play time and do chores around the house. We nurse AGAIN and she goes down for a long afternoon nap, if I am lucky, two hours or more. That's when I finish up my household tasks and maybe get a little bit of time to myself. When she wakes up, we (are you sensing a pattern here?) nurse some more and then the Gent gets home from work. She plays with Daddy, then we all sit at the table and have dinner together. The past three weeks she has been sitting in her high chair (it reclines all the way back); she likes being part of the family. She just coos and smiles at us, so cute! After dinner she has some more Daddy time, which usually finishes with us all sitting on the front porch. Then Daddy gives her a bath and I nurse her and put her down for the night. There you go - Annie's day in a nutshell!

Annie is wearing size 1 diapers (we love Luvs - Pampers are too expensive, Huggies just don't fit her properly, Target brand are too big - if you have any coupons please send them our way!) and size 0-3 month clothes.

Our two month necessities have been:
high chair (allows the Gent and I to eat at the same time, no small feat!)
swing (if I need two hands for a few minutes, this keeps her happy for 15 minutes or so)
the front porch (if she gets fussy in the evening, she almost always calms down outside)

2 comments:

  1. a bostic says . . .

    Love this! She is such a cutie! Yeah, pretty much right now you are like a momma cow - sort of - in a much sweeter way, of course. Matt used to call me the "dairy queen" :) Oh, and we LUVED LUVS! For all the same reasons - for all 4 kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Fran Stafford told me to contact you about natural birth. I'm having a baby this fall and I'm trying to collect info about it. I read your beautiful birth story...very encouraging! Any resources or advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated. I hope you're enjoying your new little one! My email is amynita@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete