Tuesday, September 22, 2020

My Clean-Enough House

We've had a housekeeper off and on since we began homeschooling. It is always a treat to have someone else clean for me! But this fall I decided that the older kids and I could take over for a while. 

I have two primary house-cleaning mantras: 
It is easy to clean a clean house. 
A weekly wipe-up keeps a clean-enough house. 

By that I mean that everything gets a quick clean once a week. Our rental house isn't very big and it doesn't take long. One day a week we dry dust with a Swiffer duster, one day a week we clean bathrooms and the kitchen, and one day a week we vacuum the whole house and mop the kitchen and bathrooms. I don't currently have a deep-cleaning schedule. If something starts looking really dirty or I have some extra time, I can scrub at whatever has caught my attention. If we miss something, we'll get to it the next week. 

I'm sure I'll have a housekeeper again in the future, but for now it feels good to be responsible for my own house again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment