Monday, July 30, 2018

Poptart: 1, 2, 3 Months


The first three months, documented. I wear loose summer dresses most days because I've been too lazy/tired/busy to get the box of maternity clothes down from the top of the closet. I am glad to be moving on to the second trimester and hope to leave the all-day sickness behind soon, too. I did a rough calculation and think I've spent about 70 months of my life in this constantly nauseous state. It's all worth it, though, I remember! Each pregnancy has been different. This time around I've started eating a poptart as soon as I wake up. I was just so tired of saltine crackers. At nine weeks along we were at the beach and the kids were eating poptarts (a vacation-only food in our house), and I thought to myself, "I think I could eat that!" So for the past month I've had one for breakfast almost every day. Around 9:30am I eat a Kind bar. Then I can usually eat lunch. Dinner is questionable. But it is starting to ease and I have hopes of the sickie feeling being gone in the next few weeks. Also, this baby's in-utero nickname is now Poptart. The kids find this incredibly amusing. They talk to and pat Poptart throughout the day. Baby Poptart, you keep growing strong and healthy and we look forward to meeting you the end of January! I promise your name won't really be Poptart!

No comments:

Post a Comment