Friday, July 13, 2018

Kids' Favorite Chapter Books

I've been doing lots of reading aloud this summer, too. Here are a few of our favorite recent chapter books:

The Book of Dragons, E. Nesbit. Short-stories from a fabulous British author. Nesbit uses language beautifully. My only complaint is that her stories are usually too long to be read in one sitting.

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle books, Betty MacDonald. After the first book, I found these repetitive and silly. Probably why my children love them so much.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, C.S. Lewis. The Gent's favorites of the Narnia books. The kids love these--we are reading through them slowly because I don't want to run out too quickly!

The Ramona books, Beverly Cleary. We all love Ramona and the way her precious mind works. These are sweet family books that make us all laugh and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment