Tuesday, July 10, 2018

My Summer Reading Favorites

Here are some of my favorite books from this summer. I've still got a big stack to go!

The Read-Aloud Family, Sara Mackenzie. Love books about books. And more book lists.

Under Our Skin, Benjamin Watson. Thoughtful look at race in America.

The Best Cook in the World, Rick Bragg. A tribute and collaboration with his Mama. And some really delicious recipes, along with a few I would never, ever eat.

Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus, Nabeel Qureshi. Nabeel's intellectual and spiritual journey from Islam to Christianity. A poignant account.

Destiny and Power, Jon Meacham. Biography of George Bush. I didn't know much about H.W. and I enjoyed learning more about him. While I don't agree with all his views, it was refreshing to read about an American statesman.

Bonhoeffer, Eric Metaxas. Metaxas's writings flow easily and he weaves a fascinating story. The last third of this book reads like a spy novel. What a fascinating life.

No comments:

Post a Comment