Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Celebrating

Sweet friends hosted a celebration for David and me a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to do it but I was worried it would be sad. But it was perfect. I enjoyed my favorite foods and beautiful flowers and precious time with my mama and my friends. They prayed over David and all of our family and shared promises from God's Word for us to hold on to in the coming weeks and months. It was a hopeful and encouraging time and I'm so glad we chose to celebrate together. They also filled a basket of gifts for us. I let the kids open them when I got home, because I knew they would find it fun and happy to do and I would think it was happy instead of sad when I could share in their joy. We have gift cards for everything you could think of, a beautiful handmade blanket for David, and a couple of precious tiny gowns for him to wear in the hospital. Thankful for friends who are helping us hold on to the joy in these moments.

 photo image2_zps5ezj2reb.jpg

 photo image15_zpseajjx88w.jpg

 photo image4_zpsq2dyopwv.jpg

 photo image3_zpsapvwn1hq.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Will you send me details on your shoes? The look cute and practical!

    ReplyDelete