Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday's Free Tips to a Happier You :)

Life with four kids four and under is actually going quite smoothly, aside from the mountains of laundry and the constant straightening up. But I'm always on a mission to make my life a little bit happier. Last week I walked through each room of our home and did one thing that made me happy. In some rooms I fixed something that had been bugging me--changed a burned out light bulb, washed the dog bowl. In others I added fresh flowers or a plant, swapped out a picture in a frame (mpix is my favorite cost-effective online printing site). I got rid of some stuff that was cluttering up my life. I simplified some storage. I like making my house neat and pretty. I'm always re-working till I find just the right thing. But remembering the stuff isn't all that important. Last week I made sure to make time to take the kids to the park, read lots of library books, and do some extra crafts. And I try to take at least 15 minutes a day to do something just for me--a power nap, a cup of tea, a chapter of a new book. I want our home to be a welcoming place for my husband, children, friends...and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment