Friday, January 16, 2015

Prenatal Testing

The Gent and I have always skipped optional prenatal testing. The 20 week ultrasound anatomy scan is the only test we have done. There are lots of reasons for doing the extra tests and for skipping them, and of course you have to decide what is best for your situation. I chose to skip them because I knew I would not have a definitive test (like amniocentesis) because of the risk of miscarriage associated with them, and the screening tests only give you percentages. A couple of weeks ago I read these articles on the screening tests and was so glad we had decided to skip them!

Prenatal Tests Misleading Parents with False Diagnoses

Have New Prenatal Tests Been Dangerously Oversold?

1 comment:

  1. We are also a non-test family. Thanks for sharing these articles!

    ReplyDelete