Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A Little Light Reading

I love to read. I don't dedicate as much time to reading as I used to, but I still try to read at least a chapter a day in my current book. Each year I re-read a few favorites from growing up (this year, Burnett's The Secret Garden, Alcott's Little Men, and L.M. Montgomery's The Blue Castle). This fall I finished Boundaries by Cloud and Townsend. Classic book on when to say no and how to not feel guilty about it. I don't have much trouble with that; I know my limits, ha! But still, good reminders and principles. One of my favorite recent reads is Delighting in the Trinity by Michael Reeves. Reeves takes what is often a heavy theological topic and makes it accessible. This short little book deepened my faith--and delight--in how rational and orderly God is. And showed how the Trinity underlies the whole of God's Word and the Story He's been telling us since time began.

No comments:

Post a Comment