Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Annie Update

 photo IMG_5813_zps8201357f.jpg

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that my baby is about to be three. I figure this will just get harder each year. Annie's imagination is soaring and I get so much joy out of listening to her games and stories. Annie loves, loves, loves to sing. She sings anything and everything and makes up her own songs, too. They usually only have a few lyrics that are repeated over and over. :) Last week it was "Tree Branches," sung while holding her hobby horse over her head and pretending it was a tree. She adores her baby dolls and has taken to borrowing my nursing cover so she can nurse Pinky (her current favorite baby, not to be confused with Favorite Baby, the name of another doll). Annie is working 12 piece jigsaw puzzles and is about ready for a 24 piece one. She can sort her Melissa and Doug stacking game perfectly now. She has been hosting a birthday party for Pinky every day this week. Pinky is turning five and she loves cake. Annie is learning to pray and is memorizing a Bible verse with me each week. Isaiah 9:6 is her current favorite, especially the last phrase: "Prince of Peace!" Parenting Annie certainly has its challenges--she is strong-willed and is at times openly defiant. I feel like we are finally turning the corner on some of that these past few weeks. It is exhausting to be consistent with her all the time! But I know it will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment