Thursday, November 29, 2012

Annie: Twenty-One Months

IMG_9756

IMG_9762

IMG_9765

IMG_9768

IMG_9777

Her second birthday is going to be here before I know it! Annie has learned so many things this month. She is getting pretty good at using a spoon and fork. She loves to help me around the house--moving clothes from the washer to the dryer, "cooking," cleaning up her toys, picking out her clothes, and throwing away diapers. She is adding new words every day and I love watching her little mind soaking up new experiences. Annie loves her baby dolls, play kitchen, and books. She has learned to make some animal sounds. "Baaa" like a sheep is her favorite. She is in awe of the Christmas decorations. We are going to decorate the tree tonight and I can't wait to see what she thinks of that! Annie is still taking two naps a day, only because JJ still needs two and I need them to stay on the same schedule. If she doesn't want to sleep she plays in her crib and that is just fine with me. After the holidays I plan to move to one nap if JJ will cooperate. Annie is down to nursing just once a day, first thing in the morning. I think she will be ready to give that up soon and be weaned completely. I am glad we didn't set a strict timetable for weaning, it has been much easier to give up nursing a little at a time and wait until she is ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment